[Vision2020] Gier shills for terrorists yet again...

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Sat Nov 11 19:18:44 PST 2006

Greetings:

As I have said on this list before, Condi Rice had to apologize personally to German Chancellor for the CIA's extraordinary rendition of a German citizen to a secret CIA prison for "special" interrogation techniques.

As I have stated on this list before: "In 1901 Major Edwin Glenn got 10 years
in prison for waterboarding a Phillipino insurgent. At the end of WWII Japanese soldiers were prosecuted for getting information from American G.I.s by simulated drowning. In 1968 an army officer was courtmarialled for being present at a waterboarding in Vietnam." The Bush administration has approved of waterboarding and Cheney recently said that he supported it. Colin Powell, John McCain, Lindsay Graham, and John Warner believe that it is a grave mistake and I agree with them.

The Bush administration's goal in the Middle East was the court moderate Muslims, but the result has been the alienation of 550,00 Muslims in Turkey, Lebanon, India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, India, Indonesia, and Malaysia, who once thought highly of the U. S.

A good international reputation is something that we once could be proud of, and Clinton and Gore are welcomed as heroes wherever they go abroad (especially by the Brits, our closest ally).  When Deny's restaurant got into trouble some years ago, they hired a PR firm to get their reputation back.  But Bush and his devotees don't appear to understand how important this simple but essential idea is.

Where will Bush be welcomed after he leaves office???  Well, he wasn't much interested in the world before he was hand picked for his last name.  Thousands of Republicans are certainly regretting the day that plan was hatched!  He has destroyed his party and our image in the world.

Nick Gier, supporting our troops but not this disastrous war