[Vision2020] Guests or Tenants?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Nov 6 07:20:57 PST 2006

That is exactly it, Joe.

My understanding is that the "compensation" involved amounts to nothing more
than buying groceries once in a while and helping around the house for the
couple weeks that the guests will be there.

It's not like the guests are taking up year-long residence while paying
rent.

But then, it's not like I should expect Courtney (one of the NSA
"landlords") to understand the difference.

Yet, I feel confident that the IRS understands the difference.

Tom Hansen
Vandalville, Idaho

"Sins can be committed in ignorance, and the fact that they were committed
in ignorance doesn't cause the sin to just disappear . . . "

- Princess Sushitushi (September 10, 2006)