[Vision2020] Proposition 2 and New Saint Andrews

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 16:18:50 PST 2006

On 11/5/06, Matt Decker <mattd2107 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Andreas,
>
> Please do explain yourself on this one. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't
> NSA buy the building as of recent.

Prop 2 allows property owners to sue the state or county for
"regulatory takings" if the amount of money they could be making
through an illegal use of the property exceeds any posible legal use
of the property. It's a no-brainer to assert that having more students
would make more money than having less students; ergo, the City of
Moscow is taking money from New Saint Andrews. Therefore, the City of
Moscow should pay the difference.

On the other hand, the hog farm/rendering plant/papermill I intend to
build on Jackson Street should be quite lucrative.

-- ACS