[Vision2020] [CORRECTED] Proposition 2 and New Saint Andrews

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Nov 5 17:30:22 PST 2006

My assumption (not involving NSA) would be along the lines of:

Suppose Prop 2 passes.

Scenario 1:

Suppose that a big box retail chain (for the purposes of my demonstration we
will call it Mart-Wal) purchases a large land parcel (say . . . er . . . uh
. . . 78 acres) within the limits of Vandalville.

Suppose that this 78 acres purchased by Mart-Wal requires rezoning before
the owners of Mart-Wal can break ground on there intended Mart-Wal humongous
center.

Suppose that the Vandalville City Council vote against rezoning the 78-acre
parcel.

It is my belief that Prop 2 would permit the owners of Mart-Wal to file
civil action against the city of Vandalville.

-----------------------------

Scenario 2:

Suppose that a local private school (for the purposes of my demonstration we
will call it Golos) purchases a sizeable lot smack dab in the middle of the
central business district of Vandalville.

The fine folk of the Vandalville City Council advise the "management" of
Golos that they cannot build a school within the central business district.

It is my belief that Prop 2 would permit the "management" of Golos School to
file civil action against the city of Vandalville.

Thoughts?

Tom Hansen
Intolerista Sergeant-at-Arms and happy resident of Vandalville right here in
my Idahome