[Vision2020] Who Has More Influence in the Media? Was: Active Troops by and large

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Sat Nov 4 17:34:29 PST 2006

The people on the list that I provided in my most recent post are celebrity
liberals which I chose for their being in 180 degree opposition to the
conservative radio personalities that you mentioned on your list. The fact
that you haven't heard of them  really makes no difference. Each and every
one of them is syndicated in  major media markets. The fact that they have a
rather anemic audience can be attributed, in my opinion, to the reasons I
have stated previously. For each and every conservative voice you can come
up with I dare say I can come up with two liberal ones to counter.

Now, lets put away this petty and largely irrelevant aspect of the
discussion and cut to the real meat and 'taters. Are you really trying to
make me and two or three other poor souls who might be following this sorry
discussion believe   that conservative talk radio + FOX news = the lion's
share of media influence? That their voice overpowers that of ALL the major
networks, all the rest of the cable news channels, MTV, VH1, NPR, Pacifica,
all the rest of the, admittedly, relatively insignificant talk radio market,
and at a minimum 80% (a very conservative estimate) of all major newspapers
and news magazines? And I'm the guy who's desperate to score a win? My
amusement and incredulity know no bounds.

Now, on a more or less unrelated note. When you took your little hiatus and
achieved remarkable success in creating a rival forum to V2020, I though
that you offered up as a reason that this list had become a breeding ground
for incivility and was causing you no small amount of distress. Now that you
have made your triumphant return, coarseness and contempt has become a
regular feature in a great many of your posts. Particularly when it come to
Ms. Kraut but to a lesser extent most anybody who has the temerity to
disagree with you. (I'm guessing most shrug it off, Pat in particular. She
strikes me as resilient) None the less, are you, perhaps, past due for
taking another little time out? Perhaps you could create another internet
ghost town like the last, a restful place where no one will be able to
challenge your questionable assertions? A place where you can rant and rail,
duck and dodge, all without the messy complication of having someone to call
you on your, shall we charitably say questionable, assertions.
gc