[Vision2020] Proposition One?

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Sat Nov 4 13:53:24 PST 2006

Sorry, Ted, you're right -- I forgot to mention Prop. One when I commented
on the advisory vote.

I am voting a strong, loud, decisive "NO" on the advisory vote for Risch's
tax plan, and I'm voting a loud, strong, enthusiastic "YES" on Prop. 1.
This money would go straight to the nine areas that have a documented effect
on K-12 performance -- things like class size, for example -- and it
represents an entirely responsible way to fund the schools.

My property taxes went up a lot this year, but I still say "no" to Risch's
plan to remove the "three mils" funding (that's .003 percent) from property
taxes for the schools.  It's an imperfect system, but a stable one, and it's
a bad deal for all of Idaho to remove the three mils and replace it.

Hope that helps!

keely