[Vision2020] Sali Faked Injuries for Larger Settlement

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Nov 2 11:38:05 PST 2006

>From the Daily Kos at:

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/11/1/14161/0023

ID-01: Sali Faked Injuries for Larger Settlement
By mcjoan

Wed Nov 01, 2006 at 11:16:01 AM PST

Earlier today I posted about Bill Sali's little problem with the truth. That
was just about a little old ballot measure. Now from IdaBluee learn the real
scope of the problem:

http://idablue.blogspot.com/2006/10/salis-lawsuit-long-post.html

In May, 1998, Bill Sali was in an auto accident and subsequently sued for
damages. I post below excerpts from various documents filed in that lawsuit.
Most, if not all, of this info was reported by Dan Popkey in 2000, and led
to the infamous Sali statements about having "brain fade" and "Much of the
time in the legislature critical thinking skills are not necessarily
needed."...

Sali alleged various injuries from the accident in addition to the closed
head injury, which is another way of saying brain damage. Sali said that he
suffered low back and left leg pain, weakness and loss of coordination of
his left arm and leg, and more. He reported to his doctor in June 1999 that
he experienced stuttering, poor sleep, difficulty concentrating, and slow
thought processes. He said he felt like there was a tight band around his
brain, and as if his face was sagging. The doctor considered psychomototor
retardation and reactive depression. The doc also wrote that Sali had been
making some progress in therapy, but "His therapist notes some
inconsistencies in his lower limb weakness...". Sali tried various
modalities, including Paxil, Zoloft, Acupuncture, and Ritalin.

As more doctors examined Sali, they learned more and doubts began to emerge.
It appeared that Sali was exaggerating in an effort to pump up damages.

After months of treatment, requests by Sali for a variety of treatments and
actions by his doctors, his physician withdrew from the case, writing:

"I have spoken with Dr. Beaver and the Brain Injury team coordinator at the
Elks, Kath Smith. In a recent staffing meeting, several inconsistencies were
discussed. These included inability to perform certain physical maneuvers
while being obviously observed, but the patient was able to perform the same
maneuvers freely when he though[t] he was not being observed. I have found
inconsistencies in my own interviews and examinations, and Dr. Beaver feels
that there are also inconsistencies. He feels that the clinical course does
not suggest a brain injury.

I am very concerned about being used inappropriately to help this man build
a large settlement case, and I do not wish to provide further medical care
because of this."

Read the entire post at IdaBlue for the full story.  It's incredible.

http://idablue.blogspot.com/2006/10/salis-lawsuit-long-post.html

Bill Sali's intelligence (or lack thereof), his ties to out-of-state
millionaires with whacked out ideas about dissolving government are
problematic enough. But this incident proves that Bill Sali does not have
the ethics or the moral foundation to serve in this nation's Congress.

Seeya at the polls, Moscow.

"law and order exist for the purpose of establishing justice, and when they
fail in this purpose, they become the dangerously structured dams that block
the flow of social progress."

- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.