[Vision2020] Unofficial Poll: Do you take Vision 2020 Seriously?

Bill London london at moscow.com
Wed Nov 1 14:35:27 PST 2006

Yes, despite the obvious limitations and problems of an unmoderated list, I believe V2020 is a serious communication vehicle for this community...why?
1. V2020 is now 13 years old.  That 400 or whatever number of subscribers pay attention to this list is proof enough.
2. I have watched quite a few new voices first tentatively show up on this list, then learn to speak up and speak out.  That is heartening.  and empowering for those people and the community
3. People do pay attention to the topics discussed on this list.  Local politicians, city government, local econ. dev. representatives all monitor the list, and do post on topics of interest.
4. Local media monitors this list as well, and use it as a source of tips for stories to be covered more extensively.
5. Issues develop on V2020 that rouse supporters and have wider audience because of V2020 (examples: foie gras, rural night lighting trespass)
BL