[Vision2020] Iraq's My Lai Massacre

rvrcowboy rvrcowboy at clearwire.net
Tue May 30 09:35:46 PDT 2006

Keely wrote:  "But what most people seem capable of understanding is that
Nick is a man of  insight and compassion, and his vehement opposition to the
war in Iraq is not the same thing as personal animus toward our troops."

Keely,

Believe what you want but anyone who posted the crap Gier posted in this
forum on Memorial Day, the day we are to honor our fallen soldiers, has no
compassion for our troops.  He may not have any "personal animus" toward
them but he certainly displays personal gratification when they are accused
of a heinous crime.  His politics are more important to him that his
compassion for the troops.  He has proven that by his post.

As for what I wrote to J Ford;  He is a completely different person, from
Gier.  Yes, he does protest the war but he is compassionate about it and
does it with love, dignity and respect for our soldiers.  I disagree with
some of his logic but I respect  his presentation and his right to hold
different views than others.  I didn't notice any postings from him here,
accusing our troops of murder and terrorism, or assuming they are guilty
before a fair investigation and hearing.  Gier is an educated man, he knew
full well the effect of his posting and we all know his motive, it is
obvious if you go back and read his other postings concerning the war and
out troops.  He will use anyone and anything to make his political
position....  He is an ass!

"I think the five bucks
> he gave to the gentleman from the VFW is a symbol of the esteem with which
> he holds our servicemen and women." (Keeley)

I think he gave the gentleman five bucks to soothe his conscience, boost his
ego and give him something to brag about.  Just like his statement of
5/29;I'm going to help my Indian graduate student friend move from Denver to
Houston next week, so I am recording two radio commentaries today."  Who
cares that his friend is Indian?  Gier just wants to make sure we all know
he is a diverse fellow.  Also his posting, condemning all the people he
claims are Republicans for sexual crimes, attempting to give the impression
only Republicans are guilty of such crimes:  Everything Gier does is for
political purpose only, it has nothing to do with holding anyone in high
esteem, except Nick Gier.  He is an ass!

You suggest that others tone down their rhetoric.  Well, I would suggest the
same to Gier.  His rhetoric is as obvious as his bias.  Why any intelligent
person would be a Gier boot licker and defend his personal ego diatribe is
beyond me.  Despite all his intellectual acumen and his education, his real
feelings toward our soldiers are as obvious as an open book.  He believes
anything is fair ammunition in his war on anyone politically different from
himself, even the very soldiers he claims to care about.  He is a pompous
ass!

Comparing Gier to J. Ford is like comparing swine to a silk purse in this
case.  It is not always what one protests that makes a difference but how
one protests.  Some do it with dignity and respect and others do it with
vitrolic and disrespect.  Gier is the latter of the two.  He is an ass!

Believe me, I do know my target long before I fire.  I also take off my
blinders before pulling the trigger.  I suggest you do likewise.

Dick