[Vision2020] Iraq's My Lai Massacre

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Mon May 29 12:38:14 PDT 2006

Dick,

I don't read these articles as condemnations of all our troops, but as
condemnations of those who commit atrocities.  Do you disagree with that
assessment?

This story first got attention after it was reported by the Iraqi police.  I
am disturbed by the initial description of the event by the Marines, which
does not reflect any of the facts that have been uncovered so far.  The
story started to change after the Time story.  Were they wrong to
investigate?

You call Murtha a traitor.  Does a patriot hide the truth?

According to the Administration's current reason for the war, we are there
to build a democracy.    While our population may not have found out about
it, don't you think the Iraqis notice this sort of thing?  Would covering
this sort of event up have given us legitimacy there?

Sunil