[Vision2020] clearing the Courtney waters

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon May 29 09:44:11 PDT 2006

Arnold stated:

"I believe a new roof is a major structural repair."

"Repair" as in "Maintenance"?

Arnold goes on to mumble:

"I don't think people casually change roofs like they mow the lawn, as used
in your analogy."

And neither does the Moscow School District, especially considering the
costs.  If you remember, Arnold, last year's levy/bond to build a new high
school was voted down.  This leaves only one option:  Maintain the one we
have.

The idea of utilizing "Maintenance and Operations" (M&O) funds to maintain
the current school seems somehow appropriate to me.  Replacing a roof is not
a frivolous expenditure (as you would have everybody believe).  It is a
necessary M&O expense when you consider the health and safety of those
students, staff, and faculty who must use that same building on a daily
basis.

Buy a vowel, Arnold.

Hansen

Moscow, Idaho

"I think one of the best ways to support education is to make successful
private schools like Logos prosper through tax exemption."
- Donovan Arnold (July 11, 2005)