[Vision2020] Visions for Moscow -- redux

Nils Peterson nils_peterson at wsu.edu
Sun May 28 21:44:23 PDT 2006

When I first met Vision 2020, it was in the early 90's and the discussion
was not online.  The first event I was aware of was a competition the group
hosted where people were asked to submit utopian and distopian visions of
Moscow. I don't recall the rules or the exact results, other than people
sumbitted pairs of images (drawings, photos, whatever) that provided
interesting contrasts for Moscow's future.

It might be interesting to do the project again.

I submit this one by Geoff Crimmins as an example of a distopian vision of
"mixed use" (or just a plain ugly juxtaposition of uses)
http://www.dnews.com/images/20060526-4477ed6992359.jpg