[Vision2020] Re: Subdivisions, was Tribune uncovers

Nils Peterson nils_peterson at wsu.edu
Sun May 28 18:54:30 PDT 2006

Try googling idaho smart growth scorecard,  you will find a way of assessing
a neighborhood, real or proposed, in terms of the attributes that ISG
defines as smart growth. Do it as homework. Try the scorecard on some
neighborhoods where you like the feel, and some where you don't. That should
give you an operational "feel"

Try it on the Rodeo Drive area featured in the DNews this weekend...I know
the devils in the details, but somehow Geoff Crimmins or his editors don't
have much of a clue about either  smart growth or mixed use to have capture
that shot of a minimall with housing behind as mixed use.

Idaho Smart Growth - Smart Growth Scorecards
Idaho Smart Growth has developed two scorecards - one to review residential
developements and ... Smart Growth Scorecard - Neighborhood Development
(PDF) ...
www.idahosmartgrowth.org/projects/scorecards/index.htm - 9k -