[Vision2020] The Auntie Establishment and Brother Carl Show (May 28, 2006)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun May 28 16:52:31 PDT 2006

Greetings Visionaires -

This week's show was excellent in many ways.  To start, Auntie paid
recognition to the recent establishment of the Greater Moscow Alliance (or
as she prefers - "Greater Moscow Alliance of Strippers", obviously referring
to a strong realtor contingent within the GMA).  Bro "C" read a most
appropriately reflective column concerning last week's virtually
life-threatening and most certainly career-ending injury to Barbaro (the
odds-on favorite for last week's Preakness Stakes and ultimately horse
racing's Triple crown) analogous to the death of the common man, a victim of
the Bush administration.

Again, a very special thanks to Auntie for her continued tribute to those
service men and women killed as a result of combat actions in Iraq.  May
this necessity end soon.

If for some reason you were unable to tune in and listen to this week's
show, you may download it from:

http://www.AuntieEstablishmentandBrotherCarl.com

When this week's show closed out with Father Guido Sarducci's "Bomb Canada"
routine, it reminded me of one of my all-time favorite routines of Father
Sarducci.  I tore my home office apart looking for it, but I finally found:

"Father Guido Sarducci's Five Minute University"
http://www.AuntieEstablishmentandBrotherCarl.com/Five_Minute_University.mp3

This week I have two song dedications:

The first one goes out to both the Bush administration and our Moscow's own
Anselm House management who, although currently situated in locations a
nation apart, by their deeds and professed convictions, maintain addresses
that can only be found on . . .

"Self-Righteous Avenue"
http://www.AuntieEstablishmentandBrotherCarl.com/Self_Righteous_Avenue.mp3

The second song dedication goes out to all service men and women who gave
that final full measure.  Here's hoping that they realize their love,
dedication and loyalty will forever be recalled and remembered . . .

"When the Roll is Called Up Yonder"
http://www.AuntieEstablishmentandBrotherCarl.com/RollCall_Up_Yonder.mp3

Seeya round town, Moscow.

Pro patria,

"Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil
and steady dedication of a lifetime."

--Adlai E. Stevenson, Jr.