[Vision2020] Let those without sin cast the first stone

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Fri May 26 12:46:00 PDT 2006

> * Republican racist pedophile and United States Senator Strom Thurmond raped a 15-year old black girl which produced a child [Source].

I'm not a fan of Strom Thurmond, but I dispute his characterization
here.  A 15-year old girl is not prepubescent, but adolescent, and a
diagnosis of pedophilia  does require that the object of adult
attraction be prepubescent, despite how the U.S. media incorrectly
portrays the crime.

I also dispute that Carrie Butler was raped.  She may have been
exploited and manipulated, but there is no evidence that the act
wasn't consensual, and, yes, a 15-year old can consent to sex.  Strom
was 23 at the time; maybe he was a lecherous charmer.