[Vision2020] Kanay Mubita

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Thu May 25 17:19:31 PDT 2006

On 5/25/06, Tom Hansen <thansen at moscow.com> wrote:

> KHQ Channel 6 has just reported that Kanay Mubita, found guilty of having
> sex and not advising his partners that he is HIV-positive, has been
> sentenced to 44 (forty-four) years in prison.

Yes.  I believe that I also heard that he will be eligible for parole
after four years.  What he did was wrong, but 44 years seems a bit
steep to me, as none of his unwise partners have been diagnosed with
HIV, as far as I know.  To me, his crime seems like reckless
endangerment, except that the culpability of his of his partners
should mitigate his sentence.