[Vision2020] Narrow the Path Move Beyond

heirdoug at netscape.net heirdoug at netscape.net
Wed May 24 10:24:58 PDT 2006

Dr. Campbell,

I need to ask for your forgiveness for my comments here on the V. I
should have made them privately to you. I'm sorry for saying that your
source of income had anything to do with, as you said, your
"indiscretions". I accept your sincere and humble apology that you gave
to Gary and yes I do have forgiveness in my heart. Can you forgive me
for mine?

My intent was not to berate you or your paycheck source. My point was
to show that getting paid to provide a service has nothing to do, what
so ever, with one's personal views by using the same phrase and word
structure that you used against Mr. Iverson. It obviously didn't work.

I do still have one question. If you say that you have "learned a
lesson" why do you continue an attempt to impeach the honesty,
integrity, virtue and reputation of Mr. Iverson and try to expose him
to public hatred, contempt or ridicule? Are you attempting to bloody
his nose with words instead of fists?

Maybe I should have taken you up on your offer some months ago to come
to where you were having coffee and "say it to your face" as you
challenged me to do. Maybe all of this verbal "parry and thrust" could
be resolved by getting satisfaction on some fog covered hill in the
Palouse with balloons and blunderbusses (which are my favorite choice
of weapons to use in a dual.) I'm sure that a lot of these comments
that we ALL make would be kept to our selves if we lived in a more
civilized day and age. But, alas, we have educated ourselves beyond
acting like children on a playground. We now are paid professionals and
have PhD's in words and letters and know better.

When I was growing up in southern New Mexico my best friend and I used
to get into some heated dirt clod fights to solve our differences. It
was sort of like mud slinging only with out the water. I'm sure there
is a freshly ripped field nearby that we could exercise our
frustrations like men. It beats marking our territory by peeing on the
bushes.

lemeno, Doug!

PS: My choice of the big words above in the third paragraph is taken
directly from the Idaho code defining liable. My vocabulary is somewhat
limited when it comes to words.