[Vision2020] Too Much

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Tue May 23 11:26:28 PDT 2006

LOL -- Kit, we got that one this morning as well!!!

Y'all Republicans can take this any way you want, but one of the biggest
kicks I've had this primary election go-round is that I apparently got put
on a Republican list  :-)))  Every time we get one of those auto-calls from
a Republican candidate (and we've gotten a ton of them this go-round), and
every time I get a piece of Republican campaign literature via snail mail
(and I've gotten a ton of them this go-round), I just laugh at the money
wasted because they are *definitely* barking up the wrong tree for those
specific candidates :-)))

I have no idea how I got on the Republican list.  I suppose someone could
have thought it would be funny to put me on some list, and it *is* funny
because of they money being wasted on me.  But, I suspect the origin is an
automated survey call I got a month or so back regarding bi-partisan
"important election issues."  I admitted that I don’t *always* vote strictly
along party lines, and then answered a bunch of questions about each of the
*Republican only* US House of Representative candidates expecting that the
Democrat candidates and "important election issues" would follow.  The
survey got to the point where I had to choose which of those Republican
candidates I'd vote for were the election held that day.  There was no
choice "none of the above," and the survey wouldn't move past that question
without an answer, so I finally just hung up.  I think it's a pretty safe
bet where that stealth survey originated and could well be how I
inadvertently started receiving all these Republican auto-calls and snail
mail.

Seriously, though, I really Really REALLY find the plethora of pre-recorded
auto calls extremely annoying.  If Phil Batt personally wants to talk to me,
I'd be happy to listen, but I'm sure not willing to listen to his
pre-recorded voice!  Or the pre-recorded voice from any "respected" current
or former politician from *any* party!

But, maybe that's just me.  Do any of you Visionaries from anywhere on the
political spectrum find those political auto-calls for specific candidates
helpful?

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
- Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2006, Saundra Lund.
Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020 forum
without the express written permission of the author.*****