[Vision2020] When Moscow Doubles - the Knowledge Corridor

Debbie Gray dgray at uidaho.edu
Mon May 22 22:21:47 PDT 2006

I looked at the census projections by age category and these are the
estimates for Idaho with the national value in parentheses.

Percent of population under 18 years of age
2000  28.5  (25.7)
2010  26.4  (24.1)
2030  24.7  (23.6)

Percent of population 65 and over
2000 11.3  (12.4)
2010 12.0  (13.0)
2030 18.3  (19.7)

That will include retired people moving here as well as the aging of the
boomers and the increasing life expectancy, etc.

And check out WHERE population change is predicted to occur...

Percent change in population by region of the U.S., 2000-2030
United States	29.2
Northeast	7.6
Midwest	        9.5
South	       42.9