[Vision2020] When Moscow Doubles - Questioning the premise

Jerry Weitz gweitz at moscow.com
Mon May 22 22:17:30 PDT 2006

Nils, D-8 (Formerly ProTech) is a locally grown manufacturer of world class
aluminum molds for molded particle foam, thermoformed plastics,
rotationally molded plastics.  For example, I believe that the injection
molds for bicylce helmets that have won the tour d' france for the last
twenty years were made by D-8.  Barry Ramsay, with a Masters in Art from
WSU, is the owner.  He started out making injection molds for protective
packaging of copy machines, computers etc.  His business grew and so did
the number of his employees.  He needed to expand and was being blocked by
a couple of local farmers.  Mark Solomon kept the operation from having to
move out of the county.  Recall this was a time that the Potlatch Mill had
been dismantled and jobs were hard to find around Potlatch. The plant is
north of Potlatch on the east side of highway 95 on Freeze road.  The
company pays well, has great benefits and is environmentally
friendly.  Mark Solomon deserves the noble prize for rural development in
Latah County for coming to this company's aid.  His recall was initiated by
folks who were unhappy about the company being allowed to locate on "farm
ground" although it was legal to place a manufacturing plant in if it dealt
with agriculture.  For more info:  google D8 Potlatch Idaho or have a site
visit.  jerry