[Vision2020] Back to Gary's clarified position...

Scott Dredge sdredge at yahoo.com
Sun May 21 21:15:59 PDT 2006

While many of you have been and continue to be slip sliding over the marbles that Gary has been rolling toward us, I've adeptly been keeping my eye on the substance of his posts.  Gary's position regarding same sex marriage is clarified below.  In short, he's against legalizing same sex marriage but not against equal rights for same sex couples.  Ultimately, this scenario may may be the best compromise as it has the potential to make everyone equally dissatisfied.

This way same sex couples can have all the same legal rights afforded to married couples and at the same time, the hard core conservatives who love marriage so much that they often marry, divorce, and remarry many times in some cases (Rush Limbaugh, Newt Gingrich, Michael Savage, Laura Schlessinger, and many others come to mind) can claim that they have protected the sanctity of marriage.

-Scott