[Vision2020] Re: A Swan Dive ?

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Sun May 21 17:42:23 PDT 2006

This is old and may well be out of date.

A single parent friend of mine worked 40 - 60 hours per week and in addition
managed to earn a law degree from Gonzaga many years ago.  This person
passed the bar exam first time with high marks.

She told me that she was afraid that she might not be admitted to the bar
because before the actually license to practice was issued there was a
period for people to make comments.  This person did not have a criminal
record but had committed a minor indiscretion when she was much younger.
She was licensed.

Thus was a long time ago.  I don't know if the process for allowing comment
after an applicant's passing the bar exam and before licensing is still
practiced.  I am not sure the magnitude of Cooper-Swan's deception would be
a problem anyway.  It was dishonest and hypocritical, but not in excess of
what one might see in court most days.

Perhaps a member of the bar could enlighten us.

W.