[Vision2020] Re: The definitive bottom line on "gay marriage"......

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Thu May 18 22:41:25 PDT 2006

WHERE did you get that women needed to be married in order to keep
protected?  IF that were truly the case, why even bother?  I mean, IF God
decided that women were SO useless and unable to make due, why bother
creating them?

Wasn't marriage an institution that was created as a means so solidify
allegiances, create bonds that are beneficial to both sides?  In "Bible
times", marriages were made between ONE man and MANY women - not out of love
or other emotion.  Even with marriages, the men had plenty of concubines.
All out of a need to bind lands and tribes.

Marriage, in America and most of the  world, now a days is seen as a choice
between two people who have strong feelings (love) for each other.

The Bible states many foods and many attitudes were forbidden.  Now adays,
people eat crab, raise pigs, associate with people with diseases such a
leprosy, and even talk to others of other tribes or nations that back then
would have caused, at the very least, removal from the "normal" society and
at the worst would have resulted in the death of the "offender".  I mean,
when was the last time you saw anyone in this country or any other civilized
one, where a hand that stole something was removed?  Are you suggesting that
be reinstituted?

I guess I don't get the reason the sexual part of someone ELSE's life is so
important to you that you would deny them what even God grants them -
choice.

Being handicapped, to the degree that they can't walk in an area such as a
forest, is NOT the same as a person's sexual being.  I am surprised you
would make that comparison.  And to let you know, my gram, at a very ripe
age, STILL enjoyed the occasional walk in the woods until her death.  Not
sure where you get people of age can't do what they want - you gonna say
that you want THAT regulated as well?  And I have seen and continue to see
people with handicaps do all kinds of things those like you seem to think
they can't or shouldn't.

I have yet to see where anyone of the gay community says "men/women
marriages should not be allowed."  It is your like that is saying people
should not be allowed choices that you don't approve of.

And "It may not seem fair, but it is necessary and appropriate" -  by whose
rules?  Yours?  Again, I ask when did you become the person we all answer
to?

At least you got part of it right...its not fair.

J  :]