[Vision2020] Summer Reading

Debbie Gray dgray at uidaho.edu
Thu May 18 15:14:49 PDT 2006

Some books I want to read this summer are:

The End of Faith: Religion, Terror, and the Future of Reason by
Sam Harris (I keep starting and re-starting this but it is so
reflective of my thinking that it is painfully depressing!)

Baker Towers by Jennifer Haigh

The Human Web: A Bird's-Eye View of World History
by Robert McNeill & William H. McNeill

The Language of Baklava : A Memoir by Diana Abu-Jaber

The book I am reading right now is 'Wicked : The Life and Times
of the Wicked Witch of the West' by Gregory Maguire. I am about
halfway finished and the first part was kind of slow and didn't
really grab me but now I am hooked. It's about The Wicked Witch
of the West (Elphaba) and her sister (Nessarose, she of the
infamous slippers) and Galinda, the 'good fairy'. Turns out
Elphaba and Galinda were college roomies and there is much
unrest in the land of Oz and lots of poverty and suffering
ignored by the Great and Powerful Oz...

It's been out for quite a few years so maybe some of you've read
it... but I am way behind on my reading =)

Debbie