[Vision2020] Re: Larry the Cable Guy sums up the public's view of gays...

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Thu May 18 11:25:17 PDT 2006

[I think I'm way over the limit with regard to postings. I'll make this my last for the day.]

Tony,

Are you against gay marriage or not? If you are against it, then -- based on what you say below -- isn't that like being against straight marriage because some straights are radicals? If you are merely against gay sex in the sense that you would not personal partake in the practice, that is fine. The whole point is to let people decide for themselves whom they'd like to marry and whom they'd like to have sex with (provided that they are adults).

I tend to be a relatively nice guy but were there laws restricting me from marrying my wife, then I might likely become a radical, as well. For crying out loud, Tony, we live in a country where our founding fathers are praised because the moment tea was taxed they threw it in the frickin' ocean and took up rifles and killed a whole bunch of Brits. That sounds pretty radical to me. That is what happens when you deprive people of their rights: they become radical. I'm not justifying this fact, I'm just noting it. Fight to allow all people to marry the persons of their choice and there will be fewer radicals. That is what I think about it.

I also believe that the minute that you and others stop using terms like "maladjusted and deviant" in public venues to describe gay sex, gays will stop talking about their sex lives, too. Again, if I said "all conservatives are narrow-minded bigots" and you responded -- correctly, I think -- by denying the claim it wouldn't be right for me to then complain that I'm sick and tired of hearing conservatives talk about how they are not narrow-minded bigots.

Lastly, I've heard a lot more from you and Dick and Ed about how much you dislike gay sex than I've heard from Joan about how much she likes lesbian sex. I'm not sure what it is that you're reading but it seems to me that the anti-gay speak in the US far outweights the "gay agenda" speak.

Just treat people how you'd like to be treated were you them. That is it.

--
Joe Campbell

---- ToeKneeTime at aol.com wrote:

=============
Joe,

The problem many have with the gay community is not with that community at
large but with its militant faction.  The type that dress is ridiculous
costumes and prance half naked in pride parades.  The ones who feel that
homosexuality is every bit as natural and appropriate as heterosexuality.   Those who
think that their sexual proclivities are appropriate subject matter in  an
elementary classroom.  Those who demand total and unflinching  endorsement and
acceptance, if not outright celebration of,  (what we  consider to be) their
maladjusted and deviant behavior.

We object to having it thrown in our faces all the time.  Resent  having them
tell us how superior and more tolerant and progressive they are than  we
benighted rubes.  Tired of hearing it all the time everywhere.  As  the
distinguished, Larry the Cable Guy, recently put it,  "I'm sick and  tired of hearing
about it.  Do what ya' gotta' do and shut up about  it.  Hell, I got friends who
like sheep, they don't got a parade every  Friday!"

Hope this helps clear up your confusion on this matter.

Best,   --Tony