[Vision2020] To Chew On

rvrcowboy rvrcowboy at clearwire.net
Thu May 18 08:48:40 PDT 2006

Chas,

I apologize if I stepped over the line and insulted you.  I simply wanted an
answer to a simple question from a select group of people and you do not fit
the criteria.  My question was directed to practicing homosexuals who are
also practicing Christians.  I wanted to know how they could believe
homosexuality was not a sin but bestality, incest and other sins listed in
the Bible were.  I was looking for a Biblical answer, from a practicing
homosexual Christian.

You always appear to want to turn every simple question into a contest of
intelluctual debate.  To you, the superior debater is the winner.  I am not
looking for a winner, or even a contest.  I simply wanted an answer, not to
judge it or to analyze it.  I have nothing against a homosexual being a
Christian.  I consider myself a Christian and I know I have many faults, and
sins.  Lack of patience being one of them.  None of us are perfect and if we
were all perfect there would be no need for Christianity at all, would
there?

What you fail to understand is that sometimes people ask a question simply
because they are seeking an answer, not because they are trying to stir a
debate.  The problem is that often I get pulled into debates by people who
have no interest in giving an answer but only wish to establish their
superior academic credentials.  I do not doubt their intelligence but I
often do not believe they are smart.

Again, I apologize for being short with you and getting angry at your
insistence that we debate the topic.  I tried to explain my position but,
alas, I am not always as literate as many here.  As I told you before, I am
more comfortable with a welder or torch in my hands, or working on
electrical circuits, than I am with the computer or a pen.

Dick S.