[Vision2020] crossing the line

debismith at moscow.com debismith at moscow.com
Thu May 18 07:17:51 PDT 2006

Indeed, Keely. Exactly why I "bozo" filtered DJA. I have also now filtered Mr. Ed, ToeKnee, and
Dick. I'm not as able as you and Chas to attempt discourse with these folks. It just raises my
blood pressure and fuels their vitriolic responses.

I learned some time ago that reality can't penetrate the preconceptions of some people, nor
can information be evaluated rationally through anger, fear, and hate. It's even worse when
wrapped in a cloud of quasi-religious rhetoric.

While most folks on V2020 can discuss expressed opinions (albeit angrily at times), and often
change their minds when given facts, a few are just unable to get past their own pile of BS long
enough to even recognize their own blind spots. DJA, Dick, ToeKnee, and Mr. Ed are among
those few. I often disagree with others, but find their writing at least interesting and sometimes
amusing. These four, however, are simply dreary, nasty, and repulsive.

Bozo filters are the best thing invented since call screening!

Debi Robinson-Smith