[Vision2020] Summer Reading

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Tue May 16 23:49:11 PDT 2006

On May 16, 2006, at 3:48 PM, Andreas Schou wrote:

> Currently, I'm reading _A Brief History of the Dead_, and looking
> forward to _Anansi Boys_. I also plan on re-reading _House of Leaves_,
> when I get a chance.
>
> But my non-fiction docket is almost completely empty. Anyone have a
> suggestion?
>
> -- ACS

In nonfiction (well, sort of) I'm reading The Gospel of Judas.  In
fiction, I'm reading Sarah Waters' new book, The Night Watch.  I'll be
catching up on my Terry Pratchett this summer.  I began my
Pratchett-ing with Thud! and have been working my way backwards through
his novels.  I've read The Fifth Elephant, Jingo, Monstrous Regiment,
Feet of Clay, and I'm now all the way back to the beginning with
Guards, Guards!  (If you don't read Terry Pratchett, you don't know
what you're missing.  The man is a comic genius.  He's also quite
prolific.  Melynda read somewhere that he accounts for 5% of the UK's
total book sales.)

A quick note from Missoula -- earlier this evening I saw a woman
walking two sheep on dog leashes, and then, not five minutes later, I
saw three mule deer crossing the bridge over the Clark Fork next to the
Doubletree Hotel.  Downtown.  The locals tell me this is nothing
unusual for Missoula.  A few weeks ago, a mother black bear and her cub
were spotted crossing Broadway, the city's main drag.

Montana is an odd, odd place . . . I'm thinking I'll write a book
called "A Lesbian Runs Through It."

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com