[Vision2020] Not Votng anymore-Waste of Time

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue May 16 13:32:11 PDT 2006

I think I speak with the majority when I say I am not going to vote. At  least not in elections that offer no choice, it is a waste of my time.

  I have always voted, since I was 18, in every primary, school election,  general election, you name it, I always voted. But not anymore. I think  it is waste of time. And frankly, I don't care anymore. The two on the  ticket are as equally bad and NONE are even addressing the real  concerns and issues facing our city, county, state, and nation. So why  waste the time.

 Furthermore, I can say, that there is nobody  that I have ever voted for that has not let me down in a BIG time way.  So why reward them with a vote? Until our election system is fair,  uncorrupted, and the elected candidates actually do something about the  problems we have while in office, I am not going to vote anymore.

  Show me a candidate that is going to benefit society to a greater  extent than they will benefit from being in office, show me a candidate  that is willing to sacrifice himself/herself for the people, show me a  candidate that is going to make REAL positive meaningful change. Show  me a candidate that is in politics for others, not themselves, show me  a candidate that does not bitch and blame others when they lose, show  me a candidate that cares more about the welfare of our community then  if they actually win the office, and then, I will get back into a  voting booth.

 Don't be a political whore. Don't give your  vote to someone because they are the best of the worst. Vote for  someone because they REALLY earned your vote, talked to you in person,  made a real effort to hear your concerns and address them. I have not  heard any candidate yet do that, so they don't get my vote.

  _Donovan J Arnold

Tom Hansen <thansen at moscow.com> wrote:  keely stated:

"Not long ago, I was sent a letter inviting me to join a secret society of
cognoscenti and elites that has existed worldwide for more than a century.
It was, the letter assured me, because one of its members had noticed my
leadership qualities and superior intellect and submitted my name to the
group, which immediately sent me a letter asking that I join them.  But it
was all a secret, a hallowed society of moguls, mavens, and meritocracy that

sought my company -- as long as I swore to keep it secret."

I'll bet keely knows where Jimmy Hoffa is buried, huh?

t hansen

sideways, chocolate in one hand, a drink in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. What a ride!'"

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com