[Vision2020] School Board voting/candidates

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Tue May 16 12:28:29 PDT 2006

I believe the MSD website has verbal descriptions, and there is a huge and
comprehensive map at headquarters (F and Cleveland), where you vote.

I am very familiar, as you would expect, with the candidates and the
election.  Margaret Dibble, the incumbent, was asked to run three years ago
by the same folks who recruited me, Julia McIlroy, and Paul Weingartner --
Citizens for Quality Education and, more informally, Friends of Neighborhood
Schools.  I believe that it's fair to say that Jenny Watts has the same core
group of supporters; former board trustee and FONS member Tim Kinkeade is
her campaign treasurer.  As many of you know, I have some differences with
the FONS group regarding both last year's bond issue and many of the
possible plans for a bond this fall.  That said, there isn't a bad candidate
in the bunch.

keely