[Vision2020] How many retirements does it take to make a good list?

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Mon May 15 12:34:16 PDT 2006

Hello Sean,

It's easy to unsubscribe from Vision 2020.  You simply go to the
www.moscow.com website and follow the instructions.  But before you do
that, you might just consider adding certain names to your Bozo filter.
  You could add mine, for example.  Vision 2020 is an unmoderated list,
and I like that about it, but that doesn't mean that we can't each
moderate content to suit ourselves.  I add and subtract different
posters from my Bozo filter all the time, and I find that, as a
consequence, I enjoy Vision 2020.  I like Carl's jokes.  I learn from
Ted Moffett and Mark Solomon and Nils Peterson and Keely Emerine Mix
and Saundra Lund and my own partner, Melynda Huskey.  The list is, or
can be, what you make of it.  Lately, I've been making hay, but I'll
stop now as I have real work to do and can no longer justify my work
avoidance.

Stay or go as you see fit, but know that you can moderate, modify, and
make this place your own.  You don't have to put up with an
idiot-clogged inbox.

Joan

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com

PS: There's an old saying that any institution, workplace, or classroom
is only five retirements (or firings) away from greatness.  The great
thing about Internet chat groups is that you can actually put this
principle to work.  Use your filters.  Use your delete key.  This is
technology that really is progress.