[Vision2020] Men and women and Ed and Dick and Tony

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Sun May 14 22:00:09 PDT 2006

It's clear that Ed is unable to conceive of women as anything except
objects to be gazed upon, and so it probably confuses him when one of
those objects suddenly opens her mouth and says something like "Who
cares what you think, Ed?"  But really, who does care?  When I look at
Gloria Steinem or Susan Sarandon or Geena Davis, all famous feminists,
the first word that comes to mind certainly isn't "masculine."  I just
think "wow."

But since Ed (and Dick and Tony) believe they know all there is to know
about men and women and human sexuality, perhaps they'll share with us
the secret of their own long and happy marriages -- marriages that are,
I assume, between one man and one woman.  Dick, Ed, Tony: what does it
take to make a woman happy?  What does it take to make a marriage a
success?  Do tell!  I know that Keely and her husband, Jeff, have been
happily married for more than twenty years.  Rose and Don have been
happily married for forty-two.  Tom Hansen and his wife, Rodna, are
inseparable after three decades, and Chasuk and his wife have been
married for, gosh, how long, Chasuk?  Twenty some years?  No divorces
on the horizon in any of these relationships and yet, strangely, both
the male and female partners identify as feminists.  How in the world
do they maintain the traditional magic?

I'm sure you know, manly men that you are.  So please, tell us the
answer to Sigmund Freud's famous question, "What do women want?"  I
also invite you to submit a five-hundred word essay on how you've
managed to make your own wives happy and keep your own marriages
intact.

Thanking you in advance for your shared marital wisdom,

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com