[Vision2020] Austin Storm

Austin Storm austinstorm at gmail.com
Sat May 13 14:38:38 PDT 2006

Jackie,

I have let the city know that I don't live at 1493 Northwood Drive. So I
guess the mess is all cleared up. But I was so hoping that I would still be
on your "Persons of Interest" list. =)

The reason the City knew about this is because W. sent an e-mail to JoAnn
Mack, Peg Hamlett, John Dickinson, Linda Pall, Marshall Comstock, and Nancy
Chaney.

In sincerity, here's what you could do differently next time. I'm only 21,
and this is the first business I've actually started so I'm sure I've made
some mistakes. If you find any, please assume that they are oversights on my
part and not because I am a scofflaw. I believe in following the law - even
the zoning bits - because it's what my Bible and my pastor tell me to do. If
you assume the best, then I'm sure your first instinct will be to bring
these oversights to my attention (my e-mail address and phone number are on
my webpage) so that I can deal with them, not straight to City Hall. That
way you won't look silly when they turn out to be mistakes and not
malicious.

The Certificate of Assumed Business Name that you found was not for Sky Cow
Books, but for a business I tried to start last year called Sky Cow Press. I
didn't know hardly anything so I selected "Retail Sales" on the form - it
was the closest thing to book publishing as I could see. I don't know how
anyone could think that someone could operate a retail store from their
apartment... you surely wouldn't get a lot of foot traffic. =)

I will send a letter letting the City know that I no longer use that
business name.

-Austin

--
Austin Storm