[Vision2020] Re: Earth Policy News - The Coming Decline of Oil

Nils Peterson nils_peterson at wsu.edu
Sat May 13 06:51:51 PDT 2006

On 5/12/06 12:44 PM, "tom trail> wrote:

> As it becomes clear that even a
>> moderate cut in production may double world oil prices, the long-term
>> value of their oil will become much clearer.

Elsewhere in the article it speculates the date for reaching the peak oil
production (and starting the decline) is late 2005, early 2006 or maybe even
as late at 2007.

Wouldn't it be nice to have the distinction of having the last WalMart Super
Center built before they recognized that peak oil changed their business
model. When it became a dark stork, it would be a tourist attraction
bringing us great revenue (oh I forgot, tourism will change too).

Can we talk about something happier, like "peak water" on the Palouse,
something that has not happened yet.