[Vision2020] Re: Joan threatons violence in response to discussion....

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Fri May 12 23:33:25 PDT 2006

On 5/12/06, ToeKneeTime at aol.com <ToeKneeTime at aol.com> wrote:

> Perhaps you all noticed Joan's vicious, man hating threat to kick Doug in
> the genitals next time she sees him.

No, I didn't.  I noticed a mother preemptively defending her children,
by means of a threat, graciously hoping to save Doug from injury.

I remember a time when insulting another persons mother would have
earned the perpetrator a butt-kicking, and everyone would have felt
that the butt-kicking was unquestionably justified.  This
protectiveness seems to be diminishing, but I bear testimony that it
still exists in some parents towards their children.

Joan wanted to make sure that Doug understood this boundary, as a kindness.