[Vision2020] Why Go After Them?

Ed ecooper at turbonet.com
Thu May 11 22:26:05 PDT 2006

Aw, why aren't we being completely culturally sensitive on this issue? Do you guys realize that some cultures find it perfectly acceptable to marry/mate with young women? Even in the U.S., less than a century ago, many teenaged girls were happily married to older men.  Now, sex with a minor is repulsive? Well, FWIW, I agree with the current age of consent. I was simply wondering why we must be culturally sensitive sometimes , but not always....

I'm so mixed up when it comes to culture. We, as a Nation, are making it a practice to bow to very culture represented in our Nation--even in the world as high court precedents have exemplified. Ever hear of a cultural defense in the courtroom? It even works sometimes...

Again, FWIW, I agree with the current age of consent.

--Ed