[Vision2020] Josh Ritter on NPR

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu May 11 07:46:35 PDT 2006

My Josh Ritter story:

Three years ago, when Josh was on the bill with Loudon Wainwright III at
East City Park, Jeff and I were impressed enough to wander into the tent and
look over Josh's CDs.  I was thumbing through the offerings when a young man
came up to me and asked if I enjoyed the show.  I turned around and there
was . . . Josh Ritter.

I survived and outgrew my crush on David Cassidy, Leif Garrett, and Rick
Springfield, but when Josh Ritter signed my CD, told me I was "his most
beautiful fan" and kissed me on the cheek, I turned into a babbling,
blushing, gushing mess.  I even managed to stutter, "oh, I'm married!  I'm
old enough to be your mom!  You're so gorgeous!  Ohmygosh!" until my husband
pulled me away, presumably before I babbled my way into promising to bear
his children.

So, if anyone sees Josh, please tell him I'm over it.  I'm over it, you
hear????  He means nothing to me!!!!!!!  NOTHING!!!!!

But he is a damned fine singer, songwriter, and performer, and I'm thrilled
with his success . . .

keely