[Vision2020] Re: Joint law enforcement center

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Thu May 11 06:30:49 PDT 2006

Bill asks:
Two questions:

1.  What's the cost? -- Not sure, but hopefully cheaper than the new
courthouse plan

2.  Who's going to pay for it? -- personally, I'd like to see a local
option sales tax.  From what I hear, though, it's still pretty cut and
dried as to what that money can be used for, and it's still a bit
sketchy whether the JLEC would qualify.  I'd also think there may be
some Homeland Security grant money out there.  Funny thing about grants:
yeah, they're our tax dollars, but if we don't go after it, someone else
is.

DC