[Vision2020] The Human Toll

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Wed May 10 06:22:21 PDT 2006

Dick,

I don't feel guilty for living here.  I am appalled at what is being done by
my government, and it's my duty to speak up about it if I think it's wrong.
Saddam did not act in my name, but my government does.

A couple of questions for you:

Have you had a chance to look at Bush's statements regarding the inspectors
being barred from Iraq?  Don't you agree he was lying when he made those
statements?  You have said that Bush's critics have no evidence that he has
lied.  I think this is pretty convincing proof, and I await your response.

Why are we in Iraq?  If we are there to build democracy as the
Administration now claims, then our treatment of Iraqi civilians is
important, and highly relelvant to our being accepted there.  If we are
there to establish a stronghold in the region and set up permanent bases,
then is it as important to the Administration to win hearts and minds?
Since few people welcome this sort of invasion and colonization, apart from
Quislings, we can then treat all Iraqis as the enemy, and stop pussy-footing
around, as Ed suggests, right?

Sunil