[Vision2020] Council Must Reject Rezone

Kai Eiselein, LatahEagle Editor editor at lataheagle.com
Tue May 9 11:18:52 PDT 2006

RE: [Vision2020] Council Must Reject RezoneMy point is there are worse
things to put in besides retail.
Frankly the smell of cattle doesn't bother me, I've wound up face down in a
wet barnyard too many times. Frankly I find the cookie cutter housing
developments a bigger scourge.
This town needs to get its eggs diversified between retail, both local and
national, ag, some type of manufacturing and the university. Right now, it
seems as though everyone wants to throw all their eggs into the university
basket.
What happens when the grants fail to materialize or cutbacks are forced by
less taxpayer money? The UI is a hurting institution, BSU is rapidly
overtaking it as the state's premier public college. It is going to feel the
squeeze of competition by BYU as it expands it program in S. Idaho.
Relying too much one one industry is not a smart move.