[Vision2020] Council Must Reject Rezone

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Tue May 9 10:57:21 PDT 2006

Except for that little water right detail. The county appropriately
took care of that when they adopted their Moscow Sub-basin
groundwater ordinance which limits the amount of animals at any
confined facility in the sub-basin. Theoretically, this would not be
an issue in the City either if they had followed their own code and
rezoned the Thompson property when annexed to Farm-Ranch Transitional
which does not allow dairy operations except as a conditional use on
parcels larger than 20 acres and facilities located more than 500'
from a property line.

The point I'm trying to make here, Kai, is flip statements regarding
community planning and zoning issues usually don't work.

Mark

m.