[Vision2020] Melynda, Keely, and Dick

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Mon May 8 12:01:43 PDT 2006

On May 8, 2006, at 8:24 AM, Carl Westberg wrote:

> In following all of this, it occurs to me that when someone like Dick
> tosses out the word "liberal", it's meant to be an insult, a label one
> would want to run away from.  However, speaking for myself, that's not
> the case.  I'm proud to call myself a liberal.  Conversely, when I
> refer to someone as a "right-winger", I realize that's not an insult
> to that person if he/she is indeed of that persuasion.  So, no one
> really ends up being insulted by the constant labeling.  I DO notice a
> lot of blanket assumptions about how "all liberals" evidently think,
> as if we have some secret telephathy going on.  We don't, and we don't
> march in lockstep.  I assume the same is true of those on the
> conservative side.  Apropos of nothing, my new cat Vinny has taken to
> sitting on my head at about 5 every morning to let me know it's tiime
> for his breakfast.  "Da Vinny Code".  Sorry.  Carl Westberg Jr.

Actually, Carl, I have a confession to make.  When I was Vinny's foster
mother, he and I formed a telepathic bond.  Through our psychic
connection, I was able to empty Vinny's head of all "natural" desires
to kill mice, do it in the bushes, and sleep 24/7.  Vinny is now
nothing more than a furry liberal brain cap.  You won't remember this
thanks to the back-masking, but before Vinny began wrapping himself
around your skull, you were a right-wing Republican and president of
the John Birch Society.  That was okay, but when you joined the G.
Gordon Liddy fan club, I felt that I had to intervene.  I'm sorry,
Carl, but you were on the verge of shaving your head full of thick,
brown hair and killing and eating a rat to prove, like G. Gordon, that
you had no fear of, um, uh . . . oh yeah, no fear of yelling things
like "head shots, head shots" on our radio talk show.

And so, for everyone who's ever wondered how Carl can be a liberal AND
smart, funny, good-looking and nice, it's because he's been
brainwashed.  By a cat.  When Vinny wraps himself around your noggin
each morning, Brother Carl, it's because 1) he wants his breakfast, but
2) he's telling you to vote for Russell Feingold and Barack Obama.

Auntie Establishment/Joan Opyr
www.joanopyr.com

PS: Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow Marxism meow meow.

Joan Opyr
Northern Idaho Editor
New West Magazine
www.newwest.net