[Vision2020] Melynda, Keely, and Dick

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Mon May 8 08:24:25 PDT 2006

In following all of this, it occurs to me that when someone like Dick tosses
out the word "liberal", it's meant to be an insult, a label one would want
to run away from.  However, speaking for myself, that's not the case.  I'm
proud to call myself a liberal.  Conversely, when I refer to someone as a
"right-winger", I realize that's not an insult to that person if he/she is
indeed of that persuasion.  So, no one really ends up being insulted by the
constant labeling.  I DO notice a lot of blanket assumptions about how "all
liberals" evidently think, as if we have some secret telephathy going on.
We don't, and we don't march in lockstep.  I assume the same is true of
those on the conservative side.  Apropos of nothing, my new cat Vinny has
taken to sitting on my head at about 5 every morning to let me know it's
tiime for his breakfast.  "Da Vinny Code".  Sorry.  Carl Westberg Jr.