[Vision2020] Re: Life Imprisonment: A Superior Deterrent, right on baby

joekc at adelphia.net joekc at adelphia.net
Mon May 8 06:13:33 PDT 2006

Good point, Ed!

And it gets us back to the abortion debate. Why not just kill the poor and less fortunate before they are born? Why waste time and wait until after they lead their individual lives of hell to kill them?

If we apply this method, then the murder rate is sure to drop! What was the name of that other country that used this same method to get its murder rate to drop substantially?

--
Joe Campbell

---- Ed <ecooper at turbonet.com> wrote:

=============
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?&did=1726#2005

The Bureau of Justice Statistics released its latest report on the status of the death penalty in the U.S., Capital Punishment, 2004, on November 13.  According to the report, the nation's death row population, executions, and the number of people given death sentences last year all declined. There were 3,315 people on state and federal death rows at the conclusion of 2004, 63 fewer than in 2003. Last year, 125 people were sentenced to death, the fewest since 1973. Twelve states executed 59 prisoners in 2004, six fewer than in 2003. Those executed had been under a sentence of death for an average of 11 years, which was one month longer than the period for inmates executed in 2003. Of those under a sentence of death in 2004, 56% were white, 42% were black, and 13% were Hispanic ("Hispanic" is counted as an ethnicity, rather than a race). (U.S. Dept. of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics, Capital Punishment, 2004, November 13, 2005

These stats lead one to some serious speculation. If there were 3,315 people on death row, why weren't there 3,315 executions? We spend endless fortunes to try these parasites and condemn them to death. Then, in most cases, they just sit on death row until they die of natural causes. If they are the unlucky ones to be executed, they first spend on the average of 11 years in prison, living free from the taxes we all pay, working out, studying law, eating, sleeping, etc., (all things their victims can no longer do) before they receive justice.  Why are we pussyfooting around with these subhumans? They know we don't mean business. Not much of a crime deterrent if we don't carry out many executions, huh? Other stats reveal only 1004 people have actually been put to death in the US since 1976. If I were a murderer, I'd have no problems playing the odds. I'd be more apt to win the powerball jackpot than be executed. But, we all know that the ACLU, NLG, and other communist organizations will continue to obstruct justice at every given chance.

If we tried, convicted, and swiftly executed people those people found guilty of murder, rape, treason, etc--without the games currently being played--only the crazy's would want to get executed; the rest would recognize the risks and perhaps be dissuaded from committing the crime. However, if we continue this lunatic pacifist approach, trends will continue, and resident vermin will be content to play the odds. It's kind of like an adult "spare the rod and spoil the child". Permissiveness is far too prevalent in society-from the top down, pervasive.

  --Ed

Lastly, a bit of wisdom from George Carlin, a man whom I don't particularly care for sometimes.he's right on this time, however.

I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child, it takes two parents.

I  think cops have the right to pull you over if you're breaking the law, regardless of what color you are.

I think owning a gun doesn't make you a killer, it makes you a smart American.

I think being a minority does not make you noble or victimized, and does not entitle you to anything.

I've never owned a slave, or was a slave, I didn't wander forty years In the desert after getting chased out of Egypt. I haven't burned any witches or been persecuted by the Turks and neither have you! So, shut up already.