[Vision2020] a question regarding Kirk exposure

Jerry Owen owenjerry at hotmail.com
Fri May 5 17:22:51 PDT 2006

Michael,

You were willing to speak on behalf of Vision 2020, so you shouldn't mind everyone hearing what you had to say.  If you would've requested me not to speak about it in public beforehand like your pastor did explicitly in the letter you put on your blog, I would have certainly extended that common courtesy.  If you would like to take this off list, I'm more than happy.

You need to come to grips with the fact that volume of words doesn't make up for lack of competence.  It's ironic that would you would 'ahem' assuming I've not read McLaren when your earliest 'arguments' with Wilson about McLaren occurred when you admittedly hadn't read him.  Your perspective is filled with this sort of imbalance and double standards.

You are a self-appointed leader that no one follows, and assume the position to correct and guide when no one recognizes the gift and, more importantly, the love and compassion it takes do to so.

Chesterton has a great section in Orthodoxy where he talks about the maniac and his water tight conspiracy theory.  If Wilson and Christ Church are as evil as you say they are, why don't you just move on and get to something lovely in this fantastic world?  I imagine you think you are called to this, which is just more of the ugly.  I say these things intended as faithful wounds of a friend, hoping that you will find something constructive to put your efforts toward.  If you don't find some sort of balance, proportion and charity in your life, you will continue to find conflict in the rest of the relationships you have.  How will you deal with the next church (if you decide to leave), or marital conflicts?  How do former conflicts in your life exhibit this pattern and how can you look to yourself, before others, to take responsibility?

Blessings and I hope to worship with you this Sunday.

Yours,

Jerry

From: metzler at moscow.comTo: vision2020 at moscow.comDate: Fri, 5 May 2006 15:22:30 -0700Subject: [Vision2020] a question regarding Kirk exposure

Aaron,

You are well on your way to becoming a young Kirk Jedi Knight.  The only important question is precisely the one you cover up: Did Jerry intentionally post private correspondence from me or not?  I’ve already shown my willingness to accept either answer.  It seems he did.  And even after all this time, he has not shown back up to correct the record; so it seems he is granting that I am correct.  Am I not?  Give Jerry a call Aaron and let us know.  If Jerry did intentionally post private correspondence from me, then that means this Greyfriar-graduate, Wilson-apologist committed the very type of action that causes kirkers to censure all our labors at Pooh’s Think.  Now I do think it was silly for Jerry to post that note from me, and I do not believe he had the kind of justification to do so as we have had in the Wood the few times we have decided, in principle, to publicize the continued response to my dissent.  However, this was not my point; my point was pointing out the incoherence of Jerry’s position and practice.

Michael

Michael,

You really should be more careful about publicly posting private emails.
Just because Bill is a non-kirker doesn't mean he deserves that kind of treatment. I don't think it's very missional of you.

Aaron