[Vision2020] Re: Blast from the Past

Donatelo Juan donboy22 at hotmail.com
Thu May 4 17:41:53 PDT 2006

MeCHA and OELA are the two student organizations on the U of I campus.  They
both were originally only chicano students, but I believe OELA has gone on
to include all spanish speaking students.  When MeCHA came to the U of I
campus, the number of chicano students was less than 20.  It allowed me to
have a small piece of home.  Later when the U of I MeCHA became OELA, it
still gave me an opportunity for that.  I was not able to visit my family as
often I would have liked due to school work and jobs.

Mat