[Vision2020] Re: Blast from the Past

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Thu May 4 16:30:57 PDT 2006

On May 4, 2006, at 3:59 PM, Tom Hansen wrote:

> It somehow seems totally beyond reason to me that somebody of Hispanic
> heritage (or claims to be of Hispanic heritage), such as Donatelo
> "Matt"
> Juan, would want to close off our southern borders and return "illegal
> immigrants" as he calls them to Mexico.
>
> Tom Hansen
> Moscow, Idaho

I couldn't have imagined this either, Tom, but then I can't fathom
Clarence Thomas, a man who rose to prominence and power on the backs of
much greater men like Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, Jr., Bayard
Rustin, and Thurgood Marshall, only to turn all of their hard work and
self-sacrifice to ashes for the sake of his own personal advancement.
And -- allow me to be the first to dare say it -- I also can't imagine
what would possess Christopher Morris, Grayfriars's first (meaning
only) African-American graduate to declare that he agrees 100% with
Doug Wilson's revisionist Civil War history pamphlet, "Southern
Slavery: As It Was."  Pick up the Lewiston Tribune today and have a
gander at Dave Johnson's interview with Mr. Morris.  It's quite
unbelievable.  Literally.

I hope Mr. Morris has a long, long spoon.  You need one when you choose
to sup with the devil.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com

PS:  There.  Now I've done it.  I have only to sit back and wait for
the accusations of racism to roll in from the likes of HairDoug,
NotSoHair Dale, and the rest of the CC elevator music factory.  I'm
sure I'll find myself misquoted on Herr Courtney's blog, but I'm ready
for that.  In fact, I've got a quotation from Terry Pratchett all lined
up and waiting in response:

"Just because someone's a member of an ethnic minority doesn't mean
they're not a nasty small-minded little jerk."  -- Commander Sam Vimes,
'Feet of Clay.'