[Vision2020] Re: Nick's latest incoherent mish mash.........

ToeKneeTime at aol.com ToeKneeTime at aol.com
Thu May 4 10:43:31 PDT 2006

Nick,

You are really in a snit aren't you?  Dismissing conservatives on this  list
as illogical morons hardly demonstrates tolerance or a respect for a
diversity of political views.  Narrow mindedness ill becomes you  Nick.

While I share your concern for prison conditions, specifically the state
sponsored and condoned daily rape of weaker prisoners, I am unconvinced by your
statistic regarding the number of "innocents" on death row.  Were you
speaking to me I would ask you where you got that dubious number (178).

Regarding Phil, you really need to stop obsessing.  The man is gone  but it
is comforting to know he would have disagreed with you once again.   He must
have been a perceptive fellow.

Gratuitous assertion #1)  The death penalty does not deter violent  crime.
You are just stuck on stupid, Nick.  That's an absurd  statement on its face.
Further, most "studies" purporting to demonstrate  that are drawn from the
prison population.  Those who were less likely to  be deterred by their nature.
What of the far vaster number of those who  WERE deterred?  The large number
of law abiding citizens who, were it not  illegal, would seriously consider
personally executing the local child rapist or  sociopathic repeat offender?
This is the gaping flaw in your logic that  you do not recognize and will never
acknowledge.

#2)  Executing murderers does not assuage the thirst for vengeance  felt by
family members.  Again those anonymous studies.......    Regardless of weather
capital punishment results in such feeling or not,  families still have a
moral right to see their loved one's killer  dispatched.

#3)  Have to agree with you on this one.  Being visited in prison  on a daily
basis by you would no doubt serve as a greater deterrent than  execution.  As
far as everyone having a conscience goes, obviously your  studies did not
include an examination of the phenomenon of sociopathy.

#4)  Tragically wrong again.  The difference between a fetus  under 25 weeks
of life and a death row inmate is that the fetus is innocent and  the prisoner
is guilty.  Simple distinction.  How is it that it has  escaped you?

And you call US incoherent!

Have a logical day,  --Tony