FW: [Vision2020] Dear President Bush

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Wed May 3 07:50:08 PDT 2006

On 5/3/06, rvrcowboy <rvrcowboy at clearwire.net> wrote:
> The problem is that, even
> > though a lot of them do, they don't have to; the power inequalities
> > between employer and employee mean that the workers can't enjoy equal
> > protection under the law.
> >
> > -- ACS
> Since when do people who break the law to get here respect, or deserve,
> equal protection under it later?

Since this country was founded, Dick. If you've committed murder, that
doesn't make it legal for anyone off the street to murder you. The law
applies equally to everyone living under its jurisdiction.

I'm not suggesting that all undocumented immigrants automatically get
green cards. I'm suggesting that undocumented immigrants who report
their empoyers for labor law violations get green cards, something
which isn't altogether unreasonable.

-- ACS