FW: [Vision2020] Dear President Bush

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Tue May 2 16:57:46 PDT 2006

On 5/2/06, lfalen <lfalen at turbonet.com> wrote:
> Part of what you say is true. However I think the employer pays minimum wage. They also pay into workmen's compensation and social security.
>
> Roger

Roger --

Actually, I'd like to half-revise my full-throated condemnation of
employers that hire undocumented immigrants: there are a lot of
employers that do treat their immigrant workers fairly. I got a chance
to talk to a lot of those people when I was working on the prevailing
wage survey for the H1-B visa program. The problem is that, even
though a lot of them do, they don't have to; the power inequalities
between employer and employee mean that the workers can't enjoy equal
protection under the law.

-- ACS